December 28, 2018 MJ Shareholders
December 28th, 2018
News, Top News
Newly Appointed President and CEO, Paul Chu, Provides Shareholders with Update on Acquisition Phase and Revenue Focus for 2019
VANCOUVER,BC / ACCESSWIRE / December 28, 2018 / Mr. Paul Chu, President & Chief Executive Officer of WeekendUnlimited Inc. (“Weekend” or the “Company”) (CSE: YOLO FSE:0OS1) has issued an important letter to shareholders.
Dear Weekend Unlimited Inc. Shareholder,
It is a distinct pleasure to have theopportunity to communicate with you through this letter to share the company’s milestones to date andprovide you with insight regarding our plans for growth in 2019 as we operationalizethe overall company with a clear focus on increasing shareholder value.
In terms of context, Weekend Unlimited isideally positioned to benefit from the rapidly changing market environments inNorth America and globally. The passage of the Farm Bill in the United Stateson December 21st, 2018 represents a fundamental legislative changein direction for the US Federal Government that is anticipated to lead towardthe overall rescheduling of cannabis from a Schedule 1 to a Schedule 2substance in the future.
Today, the result of continued growth inlegalized recreational and medicinal CBD and THC in products in Canada and inover 30 US states, combined with the US Federal shift and the significantinvestments from consumer-packaged goods, big alcohol, pharmaceutical andtobacco serve as an indication of tremendous upside in the industry. Recentmarket volatility has impacted many sectors, cannabis included, however, ourfocus has been to develop and run this company in order to create a productcategory that is recreationally focused with new product lines that are focusedon wellness. Our singular drive is growing revenue in 2019.
WeekendUnlimited’s has acquired and announced the intent to acquire brands in Jamaica,California, Washington State, Alberta and British Columbia. As a result the Companyhas established strong footholds in and around North America, with asignificant existing product portfolio – and an even stronger one indevelopment that harnesses the reach of our existing brands from beverages tocandy to flower and beyond.
In 2019, the Company strategy is will be focused upon productizationwith Weekend’s own THC and CBD brand. We will activate market share with amulti-channel build strategy. The initial phase will focus upon indirect saleschannel, primarily national convenience chains and big box retailers. Our goalis to have brand presence in consumer-packaged goods in all 50 states.Our licensure growth story will focus onadding to our MSO (multi-state operations) strategy with direct ownershipand/or joint ventures in new markets.
Weekend Unlimited Highlights:
- In finalstages of completing the acquisition of R&D Pharma – Tropicann Jamaica
- Jamaican tourismmarket launch scheduled for March 2019, will include site tours as a featuredattraction
- Outdoorresearch crop harvested at Northern Lights Organics in Northern BC
- Advancedstages for ACMPR application for Northern Lights Organics
- Fall cropharvested at Orchard Heights Growers
- OrchardHeights Growers product Launch to Washington retailers in early 2019,highlighted by a Flower, Concentrate and Pre-Roll line
- In finalstages of completing acquisition of Verve Beverage Company, with an operationalfocus in the new year aimed at confirming purchase orders and distributioncontracts for US national rollout
- Under optionto acquire Northern Lights Supply retail facility in Alberta, Weekend team isworking in collaboration to launch sales in January 2019
- Pending is thefinal 20% acquisition of S&K / Canna Candys
- Weekend willbe a 5% equity partner of High Desert Group, Inc.(HDG), the largest THC oilextractor in Adelanto California
- Weekend’sedible THC + CBD production will come from California’s HDG facility
- Canna Candysnew manufacturing facility in California will be operational in Q1 2019producing hard candies and soft gummies.
- The Companywill be focused on its channel build with a national distribution rollout focusfor CBD edibles line throughout the USA, and THC edibles line in CA, WA, NV.
Weekend Unlimited’s Business Model Overview: Weekend willfocus on two separate business operations, one is THC in legalized states inthe categories of flower, concentrate, edibles and topicals. The other is CBDwith a much wider reach. Weekend brands have best of class operations,distribution and strong revenue trajectories, making them ideal candidates forthe deployment of capital and expertise through access to technologies,infrastructure and centralized systems.
With assets pending and secured in California,British Columbia, Washington State, Alberta and Jamaica, Weekend isestablishing itself as a brand focused MSO cannabis company. Weekend’s brand portfolio is being launched into saleschannels in North America and internationally beginning in January 2019.
Purpose. People. Plant. Profit.
- Our purpose is to elevate the people we serve,honor the power of the cannabis plant and be responsible for the profit wecreate
- We define the movement to fulfill individualneeds by focusing on wellness first and foremost
- We aim to find presence in life’s highs,anytime, anywhere
- We strive to be the most profitable company inthe cannabis universe
Thank you for your interest and investment inWeekend Unlimited, please contact us with any questions,
President & CEO
Weekend Unlimited Inc.
For further information, please contact:
Mr. Paul Chu, President and CEO
Telephone: 1 (236)317-2812 – Tollfree 1(888) 556-YOLO (9656)
E-mail: [email protected]
Neither the Canadian Securities Exchange nor its Regulation ServicesProvider (as that term is defined in the policies of the Canadian SecuritiesExchange) accepts responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release.
Certaininformation set forth in this news release may contain forward-lookingstatements that involve substantial known and unknown risks and uncertainties.All statements other than statements of historical fact are forward-lookingstatements, including, without limitation, statements regarding futurefinancial position, business strategy, use of proceeds, corporate vision,proposed acquisitions, partnerships, joint-ventures and strategic alliances andco-operations, budgets, cost and plans and objectives of or involving theCompany. Such forward-looking information reflects management’s current beliefsand is based on information currently available to management. Often, but not always,forward-looking statements can be identified by the use of words such as”plans”, “expects”, “is expected”,”budget”, “scheduled”, “estimates”,”forecasts”, “predicts”, “intends”,”targets”, “aims”, “anticipates” or”believes” or variations (including negative variations) of suchwords and phrases or may be identified by statements to the effect that certainactions “may”, “could”, “should”,”would”, “might” or “will” be taken, occur or beachieved.A number of known and unknownrisks, uncertainties and other factors may cause the actual results orperformance to materially differ from any future results or performanceexpressed or implied by the forward-looking information. These forward-lookingstatements are subject to numerous risks and uncertainties, certain of whichare beyond the control of the Company including, but not limited to, the impactof general economic conditions, industry conditions and dependence uponregulatory approvals. Readers are cautioned that the assumptions used in the preparationof such information, although considered reasonable at the time of preparation,may prove to be imprecise and, as such, undue reliance should not be placed onforward-looking statements. The Company does not assume any obligation toupdate or revise its forward-looking statements, whether as a result of newinformation, future events, or otherwise, except as required by securitieslaws.
SOURCE: WeekendUnlimited Inc.
About Ryan Allway
Mr. Allway has over a decade of experience in the financial markets as both a private investor and financial journalist. He has been actively involved in the cannabis industry since its inception, covering public and private companies.
MJShareholders.com is the largest dedicated financial network and leading corporate communications firm serving the legal cannabis industry. Our network aims to connect public marijuana companies with these focused cannabis audiences across the US and Canada that are critical for growth: Short and long term cannabis investors Active funding sources Mainstream media Business leaders Cannabis consumers