LAS VEGAS, NV (April 17th, 2018) Players Network, Inc. (OTCQB:PNTV), a publicly traded diversified holding company operating in marijuana, announced it has joined with eight publicly traded marijuana companies to applaud recent pronouncements from President Trump that he will support a legislative solution to protect states’ ability to regulate marijuana within their own borders.
PNTV leaders Brett H. Pojunis (Director) and Geoffrey Lawrence (CFO) authored an open letter titled “Trump Makes America Cannabis Great Again,” which included commentary from eight other U.S. publicly traded marijuana companies. The other companies include: MJ Holdings, Inc. (OTCQB:MJNE), CLS Holdings USA, Inc. (OTCQB:CLSH), MediaTechnics Corporation (OTC PINK:MEDT), MJ Venture Partners, Inc. (OTC:MJVP), mCig, Inc. (OTC:MCIG), Advantis Corporation, (OTC PINK:ADVT), and Nightfood Holdings, Inc. (OTC:NGTF).
This open letter notes this decision by President Trump will create confidence in American cannabis companies and bring investment dollars home from foreign markets.
Below is a summary, the full article can be read at:
Trump Makes American Cannabis Great Again
Investor confidence improves as U.S. Cannabis stocks can compete with Canadian stocks, again.
- Investors concerned about the uncertainty of investing in U.S. stocks have kept their money on the sidelines or have flocked to Canada, until now
- Marijuana Stocks up since the announcement
- Investors feel this will stabilize and help grow the cannabis industry
- Former Speaker of the United States House of Representatives John Boehner and former two-term Governor of the State of Massachusetts Bill Weld enter the Cannabis Industry
U.S. Publicly traded marijuana companies praise Trump’s to decision to protect the marijuana industry. They also welcome former Speaker of the United States House of Representatives John Boehner and former Governor of the State of Massachusetts Bill Weld into the Cannabis Industry!
Both news items are fantastic for U.S. publicly traded marijuana companies!
Ever since U.S. Attorney General, Jefferson Beauregard Sessions, rescinded an Obama-era policy used as a protection for states that have legalized marijuana, U.S. marijuana stocks have decreased significantly and have continued on a downward trend. Meanwhile, our neighbors to the north have seen significant increases in Canadian-based marijuana stocks.
John Boehner used to oppose marijuana legalization while he was Speaker of the House, but said his thinking has evolved! Boehner said “I’m convinced de-scheduling the drug is needed so we can do research, help our veterans, and reverse the opioid epidemic ravaging our communities.”
Bill Weld, two-term Governor of Massachusetts and 2016 Libertarian candidate for Vice-President has been an advocate of legalizing marijuana for a while. Legalization/decriminalization of Marijuana has been a primary issue for the Libertarian Party since its inception in December 1971.
Last week, President Trump became the first executive in decades to support federal legislation to empower states to regulate marijuana within their own boundaries. When Attorney General Jeff Sessions rescinded the Cole Memo earlier this year, it caused panic within otherwise orderly marijuana markets and caused investors to flee to foreign markets like Canada. Stock prices for publicly traded marijuana companies in Canada have soared. Meanwhile, the few trailblazing American firms that have striven to abide all federal securities laws while also producing marijuana within the guidelines of state licensing structures have seen investors grow weary.
Fortunately, Sen. Cory Gardner (R-CO) took a bold stance to protect his state’s growing industry. Gardner began blocking all appointments to the Department of Justice until the DOJ recognized that only the State of Colorado has authority to regulate marijuana within Colorado’s boundaries. On Friday, Gardner prevailed. After speaking directly with the president, Gardner told the press, “President Trump has assured me that he will support a federalism-based legislative solution to fix this state’s rights issue once and for all.” The statement was later confirmed by the White House.
Now marijuana entrepreneurs and investors who had been intimidated by federal overreach can be assured that American cannabis companies are poised to become world leaders in the emerging global industry. As Pres. Trump and Sen. Gardner work to craft a legislative fix, we believe smart money will start pouring into American marijuana businesses.
All due respect to Canada, but we believe American firms can and should produce the best, safest marijuana products in the world. As leaders of public marijuana companies in the U.S. operating in compliance with all state requirements as well as federal securities laws, we envision a thriving industry that puts tens of thousands of Americans to work and produces new wealth for generations to come.
We applaud Sen. Gardner for his valiant tenacity and President Trump for recognizing what is clearly intended by the Interstate Commerce Clause to the U.S. Constitution. Our nation is better when each state is free to create its own laws and cater to its unique population.
We hope this action makes American cannabis great again and creates new opportunities for Americans to pursue their own happiness.
Visit this link to view the full article: https://ir.playersnetwork.com/trump-makes-american-cannabis-great
Additional commentary from executives of U.S. publicly traded marijuana companies:
- Paul Rosenberg, CEO of mCig Inc. Symbol: MCIG “The age of prohibition is dying and the American public knows it. Nearly two-thirds of Americans support full legalization of marijuana and many wonder why it was ever outlawed in the first place. Now, finally, our political leaders have gotten on board and will allow the safe, legal market to grow and thrive.”
- Andrew Glashow, Director of CLS Holdings USA, Inc. (OTCQB:CLSH) “We are pleased that it appears President Trump and Senator Gardner have come to an understanding of cannabis being regulated by the states. We are hopeful that this will lead to federal legislation for the legalization of cannabis and US businesses to succeed in the global marketplace.” Andrew J Glashow Board Member.
- Jason Scheurer, Director of MJ Venture Partners, Inc. (OTC:MJVP) “Many people have been negative on President Trump, however, Trump’s recent decision to allow innovation and investment to proceed in the American cannabis industry so far has been greater than any former President. We are proud our grow local, sell local cannabis is made in the USA employing more Americans nationally than the U.S. coal industry. Our leaders in Washington D.C. should understand that the winds of change are now in favor of national legalization.”
- Sean Folkson, CEO, Nightfood Holdings, Inc. (OTC:NGTF) “While there are sure to be additional twists and turns in the coming months and years, I think everybody can clearly see that legalization and regulation are inevitable. We view this as good for consumers, good for the economy, and good for long-term investors in the space.”
- Paris Balaouras, CEO of MJ Holdings Inc. Stock Symbol: MJNE “We’re ecstatic that Pres. Trump and congressional leaders have finally come together to allow American marijuana businesses to succeed in the global marketplace.”
- Jeremy Carr, CEO and Founder of BlazeNow, Stock Symbol: MEDT “It’s great to see Republicans and Democrats coming together on such an important issue. The emerging consensus in Washington regarding state sovereignty over marijuana regulation is one of the few areas receiving truly bipartisan support. Eventually, the U.S. is likely to follow Canada with federal legalization, but until that time this is a very positive step.”
- Darren Chery, CEO of Advantis Corporation, Stock Symbol: ADVT “There is no greater jobs act that Washington could enact than allowing people to invest freely into marijuana businesses operating in states where marijuana is legal. I’m thrilled to hear that Pres. Trump will support this rapidly growing industry into the foreseeable future.”
About the Authors
Brett is a die-hard Libertarian and served two-terms as Chairman of the Libertarian Party of Nevada, two-terms on the Libertarian National Committee and continues to be a strong advocate for marijuana. He is an entrepreneur in the marijuana industry.
Geoffrey spent more than a decade in free-market think tanks where he championed the legalization of capitalism in general, including marijuana. Geoffrey last served as senior appointee to the Nevada State Controller’s Office after spearheading Republican efforts in the Nevada Legislature.
Geoffrey is also the host of Geoff’s Sessions, a weekly cannabis-themed news show on WeedTV.
To sign up for PNTV investor alerts, please visit: https://ir.playersnetwork.com/investor-alerts
We encourage you to subscribe to our YouTube Channel to be informed of videos as they are published. In addition, we are very active on Facebook and our LIVE portion of this event will be on our Facebook Page, click here to LIKE our Facebook page.
About Players Network (PNTV)
Players Network is a diversified company operating in media and cannabis markets. PNTV owns approximately 89% of Green Leaf Farms Holdings, LLC (Green Leaf Farms), which holds cultivation and production license(s) awarded by the state of Nevada. The cultivation license enables Green Leaf Farms to grow marijuana and the production license enables them to create extracts which are used for cartridges, oils and edibles. WeedTV.com is developing the ultimate resource for the marijuana lifestyle within our media operations. For more information please visit www.PlayersNetwork.com
This release contains forward-looking statements within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended. All forward-looking statements are inherently uncertain as they are based on current expectations and assumptions concerning future events or future performance of the company. Readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements, which are only predictions and speak only as of the date hereof. In evaluating such statements, prospective investors should review carefully various risks and uncertainties identified in this release and matters set in the company’s SEC filings. These risks and uncertainties could cause the company’s actual results to differ materially from those indicated in the forward-looking statements.
Players Network Contacts:
Brett H. Pojunis, Director
Blockchain and Crypto Inquiries:
European Media Inquiries:
Click here to view the original press release:
LAS VEGAS, April 17, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — Player’s Network, Inc. (OTCQB: PNTV), a publicly traded diversified holding company operating in marijuana, announced it has joined with eight publicly traded marijuana companies to applaud recent pronouncements from President Trump that he will support a legislative solution to protect states’ ability to regulate marijuana within their own borders.
MJShareholders.com is the largest dedicated financial network and leading corporate communications firm serving the legal cannabis industry. Our network aims to connect public marijuana companies with these focused cannabis audiences across the US and Canada that are critical for growth: Short and long term cannabis investors Active funding sources Mainstream media Business leaders Cannabis consumers