OLYMPIA, WA 7/11/19 – The Washington State Liquor and Cannabis Board (WSLCB) Tuesday issued an emergency marijuana producer/processor license suspension of 180 days for The Evans Group, LLC. The Evans Group is also registered under the trade names Evans Cannabis, Olympia Cannabis, Olympia Cannabis, LLC, and Vertigro. The suspension is effective until January 5, 2020. During that time the WSLCB will seek permanent revocation of the license.
On June 25, warrants were served at six different locations involved with illicit marijuana production, the licensee’s residence and the licensed producer/processor location. This case was led by the Tacoma Police Department, who requested WSLCB participation.
Law Enforcement found that The Evans Group was linked to illicit grows in multiple locations throughout the south Puget Sound area including locations in Thurston and Pierce counties. More than 4,000 plants (including clones) were found at these illicit locations. The licensee has a previous violation history involving traceability.
The infractions that led to the emergency license suspensions include:
- Approximately 60lbs of product based on weight was missing from the licensed location
- Traceability tags from the licensed grow were found on
- products identified as “destroyed” in the traceability system
- containers being used at an illicit grow
- a clipboard next to clones being reused as plant tags
- plants that were not consistent with normal cannabis growth patterns
- Unused labels used by the licensed location, with their identifying product name, were found at an illicit grow
- Invoices for work at an illicit grow were found addressed to the licensee at the illicit grow
This emergency suspension was issued in the interest of public safety associated with criminal activity associated with the illicit market. Emergency suspensions represent an extraordinary exercise of the state’s power and the WSLCB is mandated to ensure that an emergency suspension is reasonable, justifiable and legal in every way. This is the first marijuana-related emergency suspension issued this year by the WSLCB, there were four overall in 2018.
MJShareholders.com is the largest dedicated financial network and leading corporate communications firm serving the legal cannabis industry. Our network aims to connect public marijuana companies with these focused cannabis audiences across the US and Canada that are critical for growth: Short and long term cannabis investors Active funding sources Mainstream media Business leaders Cannabis consumers