December 18, 2018 MJ Shareholders
December 18th, 2018
Exclusive, Top News
The due diligence process looks very different for small-cap versus large-cap stocks. When analyzing large-cap companies, investors pay closest attention to financial statements and valuation ratios to extrapolate growth rates and apply multiples. Small-cap stocks tend to be earlier stage companies without an established earnings track record, which means that investors must consider the management team above all else.
Creso Pharma Ltd. (ASX: CPH) is a small-cap company founded in 2016 that has amassed one of the most experienced management teams in the cannabis industry. By bringing together experts across pharmaceutical, cannabis, and investment banking industries, the company is well positioned to execute on its unique approach to the market and become a leading provider of cannabis to people and animals worldwide.
In this article, we will take a closer look at the company’s management team and advisory board, as well as how their expertise have helped drive progress.
Experienced Management Team
Many investors in small-cap companies look for experience in both operational areas and investment banking when conducting due diligence. After all, public companies must both execute their business plan and deal with the ins and outs of being publicly traded.
Creso Pharma was founded by three individuals with extensive experience spanning the global pharmaceutical, medical cannabis, and investment banking industries:
- Creso Pharma CEO, Co-Founder, and Executive Director Dr. Miri Halperin Wernli, PhD, MBA, has over 25 years of strategic and operational leadership in global drug and product development in the pharmaceutical and biomedical industries.
- Non-Executive Chairman and Co-Founder Boaz Wachtel is a leading medical cannabis expert that formerly managed Phytotech Medical (ASX: MMJ)—Australia’s first publicly-traded medical cannabis company.
- Non-Executive Director and Co-Founder Adam Blumenthal has over ten years of experience in investment banking and corporate finance. He has deep experience in both Australian and international markets, having helped raise capital and finance several listed and unlisted companies, including several medical cannabis firms.
These co-founders are joined by Chief Operating Officer John Griese—an expert in cannabis and food manufacturing and supply chain management. Over the past 30 years, he has worked with companies like Pepsi and Nestle in executive roles. More recently, he developed cannabis experience as Chief Operating Officer of Bloom Farms—a large branded manufacturer and distributor in California’s regulated market.
Strong Advisory Board
Advisory boards are equally important to investors, especially in tightly-regulated industries. Board members can provide tremendous insights into everything from navigating regulatory red-tape to developing innovative new products.
- Dr. Isaac Kobrin, MD, is an internist with more than 15 years of experience in the United States and Israel. He also has over 22 years of experience in the pharmaceutical industry in Roche and Actelion, where he was responsible for the development of key compounds.
- Dr. Stephane Redey, PhD, has over 18 years of experience leading teams in the technical development of innovative drugs and strategic outsourcing. He has held senior positions with pharmaceutical companies in Switzerland and Australia.
- Dr. Raquel Peyraube, MD, has over 28 years of experience in training, prevention, treatment, and harm reduction, while also consulting on drug policy reform in Latin America.
- Prof. Dr. Felix Gutzwiller, MD, MPH, PhD, has served as a professor at the University of Basel and a professor of Social and Preventive Medicine at the University of Zurich, Emeritus since 2013.
- Dr. Gian Trepp ETH, MBA, IMD, is a senior pharmaceutical marketing executive with over 18 years of strategic and operational leadership. In addition to holding senior roles at global companies, he founded GBT Pharma, UK.
- Jorge Wernli ETH, MBA, IMD, is an expert in market access, pricing reimbursements, and government affairs with more than 30 years of experience working with startups and large pharmaceutical companies. He has built relationships across Europe, South America, and several Asian countries.
- Prof. Dr. Walter P. von Wartburg is an attorney at law with international experience in the areas of health and communication PR. For over 20 years, he has provided legal, communication, and issues management advice to biotech and life science firms.
Creso Pharma Ltd. (ASX: CPH) has made tremendous progress in its mission to bring pharmaceutical rigor to the cannabis industry under this leadership. Over the past two years, the company acquired several cannabis assets, listed on the ASX (and soon TSX-V), and began generating early revenue through cultivation and product development. Investors may want to keep an eye on the stock given management’s proven execution.
For more information, visit the company’s website or Click here to receive the investor presentation and going public alert
The above article is sponsored content. Emerging Growth LLC, which owns CannabisFN.com and CFN Media, has been hired to create awareness. Please follow the link below to view our full disclosure outlining our compensation: http://www.cannabisfn.com/legal-disclaimer/
About Ryan Allway
Mr. Allway has over a decade of experience in the financial markets as both a private investor and financial journalist. He has been actively involved in the cannabis industry since its inception, covering public and private companies.
MJShareholders.com is the largest dedicated financial network and leading corporate communications firm serving the legal cannabis industry. Our network aims to connect public marijuana companies with these focused cannabis audiences across the US and Canada that are critical for growth: Short and long term cannabis investors Active funding sources Mainstream media Business leaders Cannabis consumers